This hemp heart banana bread is easy to make, a great way to use overripe bananas and is best served sliced with butter or your favorite jam.
What you will need
- 190g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium overripe bananas mashed
- 125g plain yoghurt
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g hemp hearts
How to make the hemp heart banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 180° and lightly grease a loaf tin
- In a bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt
- In a separate bowl beat together the mashed bananas, brown sugar, eggs, yoghurt and maple syrup until fully combined
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix it together gently being careful not to over mix it. Fold in the hemp hearts
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack
Now is the time to sit back and enjoy you hard work..
Eating healthily doesn’t always mean cutting out food groups altogether, a much better option, is to add healthily ingredients to those things we love, I like to have my cake, and eat it too!
At Dorset Hemp we think our organic hemp hearts can be sprinkled on any meal, sweet or savory we don’t mind…
With a light nutty taste they can be a great addition in almost any recipe!
As part of a balanced and varied diet, these little beauties are a healthy plant based fuel for our body, high in protein, rich in omega 3,6 and 9 and contain essential amino acids we need to flourish.