These wheat and dairy free Hemp protein brownies are a real treat..
180 g dairy free dark chocolate 70% cocoa
100 g coconut oil
240 mg of CBD, we used half a 10 ml bottle of Refined 5% , approximately 96 drops (optional)
100 g ground almonds
75 g of organic hemp protein powder
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
150 g soft light brown sugar
1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
75 g walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 130-140°C not to high, so not to evaporate off all the CBD. Line a tin about 20 x 30 cm with baking parchment.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil then switch off the heat. Break up the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof glass bowl with the coconut oil and set on top of the pan of hot water, melt, combine the mixture, set aside to cool, then add your CBD oil and mix.
3. Meanwhile sift together the ground almonds, protein powder, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl and set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar together with the vanilla extract until well blended and frothy,# a minute or two with an electric whisk will do.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the egg and sugar mix, followed by the molten chocolate. Starting slowly, mix the whole lot together with a wooden spoon until it’s combined in a thick batter. Chop and Stir in the walnuts.
6. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin, spread it out with a spatula and bake for roughly 25 minutes, or until the top looks firm and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out fairly clean.
7. Let the brownie cool in the tin completely, we put them in the fridge overnight, and they’ll get a bit fudgier and a bit firmer.
8. cut in to 12 portions then serve, chill out and enjoy your wonderful creation
This recipe makes 12 Hemp protein brownies each infused with roughly 20 mg of CBD, add more or less CBD oil to suit your needs, chill out and enjoy…